lunes, 25 de julio de 2011

One of Our Major Problems in Life




Sometimes we just feel deep inside that we need to change something. Well, that is exactly what is always happening to me. People say changes are good, and I know they are but it's not good to be constantly changing everything. Since I am a little girl my mom always told me that I am too "hesitant" because of my attempts for making a good choice, and I think sometimes I take the right decision but I end up in regret later. That has been my major problem for years with boys, friends, ordering in a restaurants, choosing a prize , and deciding what to write about in this blog.

I always knew how I was, not just because of my mom's observations, but because of my friend's too. Even one of my ex boyfriends made me realize of my problem with choices. I became his girlfriend without knowing that the only thing I wanted from him was his friendship. And I think I messed it up a little bit more when I coldly told him the truth about it. Embarrassing, I know.But I couldn't find a better example to explain my problem with decisions. I used to ask people "do you have an idea of why am I this way?"  and guess what they used to say... "I have no idea, your are the one who is supposed to know that". Until finally one day we were talking about this with one of my best friends in class, when suddenly Miss Wendy, one of the best teachers I've ever had, came randomly and she kind of introduced herself into the conversation to ask me what was wrong. I explained her my situation, specially with boys because I really wanted to find out what the hell was wrong with me. You might have known the answer since you started reading this, but I never thought that it would be seeing the downside of things.

I was so impressed by the simple and logical answer of that teacher, I couldn't actually believe that finally the response to my prayers appeared. The next few weeks I proposed to myself ; "OK Ale, from now on you will start looking at the bright side of people and things and care less about the negative side". And from that day on I started to be a positive girl and I have also learned that if we make a bad choice we learn not to take it again, and if we make a good one be sure that we did the right thing without regretting because you can not be sorry for something that made you feel good. 

Still, there's always that feeling of insecurity when I have to make a choice, but I guess we all feel exactly the same standing in that situation, which makes me feel a normal part of human race. I don't know if boys think the same but when it comes to love, decisions are a basic need that determine what "will come after" (I swear that came out from my head, not from Google). Sometimes when we take a hasty decision without head thinking, just with the heart that leads us to do something that makes us want to go back in time and rewrite our story. If you ever saw "The Ugly Truth", one of my favorite movies, you will perfectly understand what I just said. I'm not trying to declare that boys have no feelings but let's face reality, their hormones are almost always more powerful than their feelings.

So what I finally conclude from this blog post is that Choices are and will be one of our major problems in life, but there's nothing to worry about because they all have a solution. One little decision can lead you to a huge mistake or one of the best choices in your life, so be sure to always think before you act .  

2 comentarios:

  1. I'm not trying to declare that boys have no feelings but let's face reality, their hormones are almost always more powerful than their feelings. THIS IS SO TRUE! i love your story!!

    ResponderEliminar